The below chart illustrates the impact of minimum wage changes on the youth (aged 16-19) employment rates in the US over the last thirty years. The red line represents the real minimum wage from 1983-2012 (in 2012 $ x 7 for scale purposes) as provided by the US Department of Labor. The blue line represents …
Tag Archive: youth employment
Permanent link to this article: http://wkubbtcenter.com/2014/08/15/youth-employment-and-the-last-30-years-of-the-minimum-wage-in-the-united-states/
Twelve Week Agenda
- No events listed in the next 12 weeks
- Where have Kentucky’s Workers Gone?
- The Macro Economy, Education, and Race in Employment
- Kentucky’s Labor Market Ranks 49th
- Youth Employment and The Last 30 Years of the Minimum Wage in the United States
- Should We Transfer Money from the Top 1%?
- The Lack of Slavery May Be Hurting Economic Growth; Or, How to Miss the Forest of Human Flourishing for the Trees of GDP Growth.
- The Rest of the Story: Employment Recovery?
- Give, Share, and Take are not Synonyms
- Kentucky’s Budget and Tax “Reform”
- Seven Habits of Highly Effective Economies