It is about time people started protesting 9% plus unemployment. For that matter, it is good to see that people are concerned about insiders being able to use their government connections to line their pockets with taxpayer money. Should banks which made really stupid loans only to be bailed out by taxpayers be protested? Sure, …
Tag Archive: welfare
Permanent link to this article: http://wkubbtcenter.com/2011/10/11/occupied-territory-wall-street-or-welfare-street/
Henry David Thoreau once pined that “the government that governs best governs least.” Maybe that was true in his day, but that was before they invented cruise control. Entitlement (mandatory) spending accounts for over 60% of the US budget. These are programs that are funded by pre-arranged formulas. If Congress and the President “do nothing” …
Permanent link to this article: http://wkubbtcenter.com/2011/03/09/entitlements-at-rest/
Twelve Week Agenda
- No events listed in the next 12 weeks
- Where have Kentucky’s Workers Gone?
- The Macro Economy, Education, and Race in Employment
- Kentucky’s Labor Market Ranks 49th
- Youth Employment and The Last 30 Years of the Minimum Wage in the United States
- Should We Transfer Money from the Top 1%?
- The Lack of Slavery May Be Hurting Economic Growth; Or, How to Miss the Forest of Human Flourishing for the Trees of GDP Growth.
- The Rest of the Story: Employment Recovery?
- Give, Share, and Take are not Synonyms
- Kentucky’s Budget and Tax “Reform”
- Seven Habits of Highly Effective Economies