The first estimate of fourth quarter US GDP was released this week. It showed that the US economy shrank in the fourth quarter. The White House’s response to slow US growth was to blame congressional Republicans and disband the US Jobs Council. Apparently there is no great need for more jobs now that the 2012 …
Tag Archive: unemployment rate
Permanent link to this article: http://wkubbtcenter.com/2013/02/01/the-amateur/
Sometimes looks can be deceiving. April’s unemployment rate fell from 8.2% to 8.1% which looks good. On the other hand, the labor force participation rate continued to fall and hit a 30 plus year low. Fewer people are in the labor force now than were there at the beginning of the economic recovery. If the …
Permanent link to this article: http://wkubbtcenter.com/2012/05/04/all-play-and-no-work-makes-the-us-a-poor-country/
I was eight years old when I began working six days a week, fifty two weeks a year delivering newspapers. By age 13, I had two jobs. I worked through high school and college. No, this isn’t the 1930’s I’m referring to but the 1980’s and 90’s. Times, they are a changing – particularly for …
Permanent link to this article: http://wkubbtcenter.com/2012/04/24/all-play-and-no-work-makes-johnny-a-poor-boy/
Twelve Week Agenda
- No events listed in the next 12 weeks
- Where have Kentucky’s Workers Gone?
- The Macro Economy, Education, and Race in Employment
- Kentucky’s Labor Market Ranks 49th
- Youth Employment and The Last 30 Years of the Minimum Wage in the United States
- Should We Transfer Money from the Top 1%?
- The Lack of Slavery May Be Hurting Economic Growth; Or, How to Miss the Forest of Human Flourishing for the Trees of GDP Growth.
- The Rest of the Story: Employment Recovery?
- Give, Share, and Take are not Synonyms
- Kentucky’s Budget and Tax “Reform”
- Seven Habits of Highly Effective Economies