The US unemployment rate rose to 8.3% in July and Jobless claims in August have risen by 10,000 over July. The slowly growing US economy is not denting the 8% unemployment rate. Keynesian economists believe that this must be due to some lack in demand for US goods and services. If only Congress could borrow …
Tag Archive: skills
Permanent link to this article: http://wkubbtcenter.com/2012/08/31/unemployment-and-the-unemployable/
Twelve Week Agenda
- No events listed in the next 12 weeks
- Where have Kentucky’s Workers Gone?
- The Macro Economy, Education, and Race in Employment
- Kentucky’s Labor Market Ranks 49th
- Youth Employment and The Last 30 Years of the Minimum Wage in the United States
- Should We Transfer Money from the Top 1%?
- The Lack of Slavery May Be Hurting Economic Growth; Or, How to Miss the Forest of Human Flourishing for the Trees of GDP Growth.
- The Rest of the Story: Employment Recovery?
- Give, Share, and Take are not Synonyms
- Kentucky’s Budget and Tax “Reform”
- Seven Habits of Highly Effective Economies