On Friday Nicholas Eberstadt noted that we have become a nation of takers. He stated that since 1960, entitlement transfers grew twice as fast as personal income and now account for 2/3 of the federal budget (up from 1/3 in 1960). How does this compare to other industrialized countries? The US government spends a higher …
Tag Archive: nation of takers
Permanent link to this article: http://wkubbtcenter.com/2013/01/28/the-nation-of-takers/
Twelve Week Agenda
- No events listed in the next 12 weeks
- Where have Kentucky’s Workers Gone?
- The Macro Economy, Education, and Race in Employment
- Kentucky’s Labor Market Ranks 49th
- Youth Employment and The Last 30 Years of the Minimum Wage in the United States
- Should We Transfer Money from the Top 1%?
- The Lack of Slavery May Be Hurting Economic Growth; Or, How to Miss the Forest of Human Flourishing for the Trees of GDP Growth.
- The Rest of the Story: Employment Recovery?
- Give, Share, and Take are not Synonyms
- Kentucky’s Budget and Tax “Reform”
- Seven Habits of Highly Effective Economies