For years the US federal government has been obsessed with increased home ownership. This obsession has led to the slowing of the US economy. The problem began with the creation of the income tax in 1913 that excluded interest payments on all debt from being considered taxable income. In 1986 that personal interest deduction was …
Tag Archive: home ownership
Permanent link to this article: http://wkubbtcenter.com/2011/10/03/homeownership-is-over-rated-did-homeowners-in-atlantis-enjoy-being-underwater/
Twelve Week Agenda
- No events listed in the next 12 weeks
- Where have Kentucky’s Workers Gone?
- The Macro Economy, Education, and Race in Employment
- Kentucky’s Labor Market Ranks 49th
- Youth Employment and The Last 30 Years of the Minimum Wage in the United States
- Should We Transfer Money from the Top 1%?
- The Lack of Slavery May Be Hurting Economic Growth; Or, How to Miss the Forest of Human Flourishing for the Trees of GDP Growth.
- The Rest of the Story: Employment Recovery?
- Give, Share, and Take are not Synonyms
- Kentucky’s Budget and Tax “Reform”
- Seven Habits of Highly Effective Economies