Things change, often in unpredictable manners. Sometimes that change is good. Sometimes it is bad. Strong economies are full of change. New companies enter the market place and old companies go under. Some workers whose skills are in demand get paid more, while those who possess skills not in demand by the market become unemployed. …
Tag Archive: economic uncertainty
Permanent link to this article: http://wkubbtcenter.com/2011/09/01/the-certainty-of-uncertainty/
I don’t let my children consume caffeine. When they ask why, I tell them that it will make them small and tiny (not that those aren’t the same things). What I mean to tell them is that caffeine can stunt their growth. If they want to be big and strong, they should drink their milk. …
Permanent link to this article: http://wkubbtcenter.com/2010/10/04/economic-uncertainty-will-stunt-your-growth/
Twelve Week Agenda
- No events listed in the next 12 weeks
- Where have Kentucky’s Workers Gone?
- The Macro Economy, Education, and Race in Employment
- Kentucky’s Labor Market Ranks 49th
- Youth Employment and The Last 30 Years of the Minimum Wage in the United States
- Should We Transfer Money from the Top 1%?
- The Lack of Slavery May Be Hurting Economic Growth; Or, How to Miss the Forest of Human Flourishing for the Trees of GDP Growth.
- The Rest of the Story: Employment Recovery?
- Give, Share, and Take are not Synonyms
- Kentucky’s Budget and Tax “Reform”
- Seven Habits of Highly Effective Economies