Alan Blinder was at it again in Monday’s WSJ, as he warned against a 2013 fiscal cliff. One wonders if he is not too blind to tell the difference between a cliff and a mountain. The cliff Professor Blinder worries about involves programmed tax increases and spending cuts set to take effect in January 2013. …
Tag Archive: deficit
Permanent link to this article: http://wkubbtcenter.com/2012/03/19/blinder-faith-in-the-government/
Is the US economy over-taxed? Federal tax revenues as a percentage of GDP are at their lowest point in forty years. That would be news for the economy to cheer if it were accompanied by the lowest level of government spending in forty years and fast economic growth, which of course it isn’t. The same …
Permanent link to this article: http://wkubbtcenter.com/2011/12/28/payroll-tax-holiday-from-responsibility/
Twelve Week Agenda
- No events listed in the next 12 weeks
- Where have Kentucky’s Workers Gone?
- The Macro Economy, Education, and Race in Employment
- Kentucky’s Labor Market Ranks 49th
- Youth Employment and The Last 30 Years of the Minimum Wage in the United States
- Should We Transfer Money from the Top 1%?
- The Lack of Slavery May Be Hurting Economic Growth; Or, How to Miss the Forest of Human Flourishing for the Trees of GDP Growth.
- The Rest of the Story: Employment Recovery?
- Give, Share, and Take are not Synonyms
- Kentucky’s Budget and Tax “Reform”
- Seven Habits of Highly Effective Economies