Alan Blinder was at it again in Monday’s WSJ, as he warned against a 2013 fiscal cliff. One wonders if he is not too blind to tell the difference between a cliff and a mountain. The cliff Professor Blinder worries about involves programmed tax increases and spending cuts set to take effect in January 2013. …
Tag Archive: Alan Blinder
Permanent link to this article: http://wkubbtcenter.com/2012/03/19/blinder-faith-in-the-government/
This letter is in response to Alan Blinder’s June 21st opinion piece, The GOP Myth of ‘Job-Killing” Spending. If government spending created jobs, Greece wouldn’t be in the financial trouble they are now in. If printing money created jobs, Zimbabwe would be the richest economy in the world instead of one of the poorest. Yet, …
Permanent link to this article: http://wkubbtcenter.com/2011/06/21/the-blind-leading-the-blinder/
Twelve Week Agenda
- No events listed in the next 12 weeks
- Where have Kentucky’s Workers Gone?
- The Macro Economy, Education, and Race in Employment
- Kentucky’s Labor Market Ranks 49th
- Youth Employment and The Last 30 Years of the Minimum Wage in the United States
- Should We Transfer Money from the Top 1%?
- The Lack of Slavery May Be Hurting Economic Growth; Or, How to Miss the Forest of Human Flourishing for the Trees of GDP Growth.
- The Rest of the Story: Employment Recovery?
- Give, Share, and Take are not Synonyms
- Kentucky’s Budget and Tax “Reform”
- Seven Habits of Highly Effective Economies